Register

how can i protecte my 9860

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:37 am

I have make a program on 9860 .ma question is how to protect this program to not be to transfer on another 9860 .thinks :roll:

Distortion

Postby Distortion » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 pm

You can't protect it against that. Except steal all the link cables from you classmates xD.

What you can do is put a password on it. Like this

"Password"?->P
P != 12345=>Stop

!= is the unequal sign on your calculator
12345 can be any password

marmot

Postby marmot » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:03 am

Make sure that the program has a edit password as well, so that they can't just edit it and see whats going on.

But even then, they could just copy it to a computer and edit it. The best you can do is make it harder for them.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:06 am

I THINK No , because this password is made to protect the program from the modification, and if you want to modify the program everyone can reach the program by the software F-124.and then he can copy the program in its computer easily .SO me I seek a way to block the transfer of the program towards another computer or to create an application which stops the execution of the program even if it is copy. For example is what it y' will have a program which requires a code so that the other program are carried out .SO even if it copies the program .THE program does not start if the user do not know the access code for example (the code =2*numéro series of the /14 computer) .SO is IT possible this idea!!!!!!

Distortion

Postby Distortion » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:57 pm

There is no way of doing that.
People can always read the data if they really want to.
But why would you want this?

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:47 pm

I explain you .I make topographie.I will like to create programs but my programs must be limited by me , therefore if I leaves the things as that the program will be copy as much of time .SO we have a method to protect the program .I start to do my program if not I stop all.my msn is topogen2002@hotmail.fr if you want to help me we discutt about .thinks TOUFIK MOROCCO

codemaster

Re:

Postby codemaster » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:37 pm

The fact of the matter is, that the only of stopping other people from getting your program is to physicaly prevent them from connecting thier 3 pin cable to your calc and trasfering it over (or if you put it on the pc, transfering it via USB).

marmot

Postby marmot » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:02 pm

You could stuff blue-tac down the 3-pin.
No more transfers!

Distortion

Postby Distortion » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:30 pm

You could put high voltage on your 3pin. When people plug in their cable they get a shock xD
just kidding :P

MRFABIO

Postby MRFABIO » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 pm

" wrote:You can't protect it against that. Except steal all the link cables from you classmates xD.

What you can do is put a password on it. Like this

"Password"?->P
P != 12345=>Stop

!= is the unequal sign on your calculator
12345 can be any password

How can i put that Password???
Is that PW for programs on storage MEM or in PRGM menu???
I don't understand...

Next

Return to General