Register

Add ins dont show up

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio fx-7400GII, Casio fx-7400GII (SH4), Casio fx-9750GII, Casio fx-9750GII (SH4), Casio fx-9860G, Casio fx-9860G SD, Casio fx-9860G Slim, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2, Casio Classpad 330 plus, Casio fx-CG20, Casio fx-CG50, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Postby SimonLothar » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:30 am

aapman55 wrote:unfortunately it didnt work. I think ther might be something wrong in the OS. Because I moved a few add ins to my calc. Only 1 showed up. Then I moved one addin again to the calc, rewriting the old file on the calc. But then i saw some more addins appear in the menu but not all. Is there a way to clear the menu entries and let it initialize again? I also tried resetting my calc with no reslt.

Hi aapman55,

if you should still have trouble, this are my recommendations:
You should make a complete 4MB flash-backup, just in case.
What is the total count of Addins (G1A) in your calculator's storage memory?
It is possible, that a corrupted header of a single addin can cause trouble when the OS tries to build up the MAIN MENU.
(I observed this even on my Prizm, when I tried my first G3A-prototypes a year ago)
Have you already done an optimization? (backup the storage memory beforehand!)
Have you already done a "MAIN MENU/SYSTEM/Reset Storage Memories"? (backup the storage memory beforehand!)
What about the main memory load? (perhaps you have to use INSIGHT.G1A to investigate details)
Theortically it would be best to transfer the corrupted flash dump to some test machine and start an investigation.
Though, I doubt, that casio offers such a service.
But do not publish a link to such a dump, even if the dump seems to be corrupted and without any value for anybody.
I think the admin has to delete the link.
I'll be back!

Calculators: Casio fx-9860G

Postby aapman55 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 am

Hi Simon,

I think it is indeed a corrupt header, because after loading in a corrupted file it isnt possible to load an fresh file either. But using add in reset and re importing g1A to a new image in FA124 it works.

Postby tom9358 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks(!!!!), redownloading worked indeed :D

Previous

Return to General