Register

Prizm spreadsheet question

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio Cfx Series, Casio fx-CG10

Prizm spreadsheet question

Postby nsg » Mon May 13, 2013 3:38 pm

I used the Prizm spreadsheet mode recently for a "medium size" application.
I mean, I tried it before, testing how it works, doing simple tallying of the part list, but this time it was more complicated than that. Lot of dependencies, complex formulas, things like that.

I must say, that it is really convenient and powerful. Even on miniscule screen (Prizm display area is only 4x5 cells) it is surprizingly not that difficult to navigate through. Color highlighting of key cells is really useful and the ability to use Basic variables and "fn" functions in formulas makes it much more powerful than it wold have been without it.
I urge you to consider using spreadsheet mode for medium to complex calculations. This is a great tool, do not overlook it like i did.

However, there is one thing that bugs me and I did not figure out any workaround.
I did not find any way to enter special characters in labels. Only uppercase letters and charactes that can be entered from keyboard directly (like "+" ot "theta"). There are also few special characters available through catalog (shift+4), but that is it. Not even lowcase latin letters.
Any suggestions for workaround?

Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Prizm spreadsheet question

Postby helder7 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:03 pm

I tested:
-Copy paste - not worked
-Import a csv - not worked
-Generate a casio spreadsheet with fileconverter 1.06 - not worked

I have no more ideas.
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Postby helder7 » Sat May 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I figured out how to do this :D

If you directly paste symbols and try to save, you'll find a Syntax ERROR.

If you write a quotation mark " as the first character of the cell, after you can put symbols (copied from eActivities)

SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Calculators: Casio fx-9750GII, Casio fx-CG10

Postby flyingfisch » Sun May 19, 2013 12:04 am

You actually cannot insert any text without having it preceded by the quotation mark. ;)

Calculators: Casio Cfx Series, Casio fx-CG10

Postby nsg » Sun May 19, 2013 3:24 am

Helder7,
you beat me to it by a few hours. I just figured it out too!
My mistake with copy/paste is that i tried to paste directly into the cell. What I had to do is start editing (for example by typing "), and then pasting with shift+9.

BTW, is there a way to extract spreadsheet created and saved by a spreadsheet strip in eactiviy? It is there when I open eactivity file next time so it is saved somewhere.
Or put a spreadsheet into e-activity's "spreadsheet" strip?
How about other file? For example, in Math mode it seems that you can still run programs. There is no programs in eacts's virtual memory and there is no obvious way to put it there, but if it was there ic could be run with a "Prog".

Return to General