Register

Installing programs on fx-CP400

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Installing programs on fx-CP400

Postby Randomname » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Hello,

I just recently bought the new fx-CP400 calculator and tried to install some programs on it. I tried to install them myself and after half an hour of failures I decided to search the interwebs without finding anything. I firstly tried putting the raw .rar file in the calculator and it didn't work. Then I tried to put the .XCP file in there and it didn't work either. My calculator "told" me it only accepted .VCP files. So I changed the file format to .VCP, but when I try to open it, it says "Invalid Data Type". Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. This was the program that I tried to install first because it only had a single file. Connect4

Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Installing programs on fx-CP400

Postby helder7 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Some programs are compressed on the site to occupy less space and by other hand, grouping multiple files into a single file.

If the file you downloaded is .zip or .rar, you need to extract it first with Winrar (or similar software).

The files supported by the calculator are:
.xcp
.vcp
.c2p
Are these files that should be copied to the calculator.

General File Transfer Tutorial:
1-Connect the Classpad II fx-CP400 to the pc via usb cable and select the option "USB Flash". A new USB mass storage disk will appear.

2-Copy the files that you wish to transfer to the root of the calculator storage disk.
Then (after copying) remove/disconnect the calculator safely.

3-On calc, open "System" and after choose "View Storage & Import", then import the .xcp/.vcp files.
Will appear new program(s) in "Program", that you can use/run pressing "Play" icon.
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Calculators: Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Installing programs on fx-CP400

Postby Randomname » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks so much! I didn't know you had to import the files. I tried to open the "raw" version. Much appreciated.

Return to General