Register

Equation System - Syntax Error - FX CP400

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Equation System - Syntax Error - FX CP400

Postby PsySc0rpi0n » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:43 am

Hi...

I'm trying to solve the following equations system but i'm getting a Syntax Error...

Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

ImageImage

Calculators: Casio fx-CG10, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Equation System - Syntax Error - FX CP400

Postby richmit » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:52 am

I have found that some of the classpad algebraic operations will not work with complex numbers in polar form -- one might call that a bug, or a limitation. Something like this will do the trick:

solve({compToRect(<220,0)=....)

Here "<" is the little angle thingy used for polar form

An alternative is to use variables for the numbers, let it solve symbolically, and then plug in the complex values after the fact.

I sometimes work in Radians, and put in polar complex numbers in exponential form (i.e. r*e^(i*theta)).

Hope this helps.

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Equation System - Syntax Error - FX CP400

Postby PsySc0rpi0n » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:23 pm

richmit wrote:I have found that some of the classpad algebraic operations will not work with complex numbers in polar form -- one might call that a bug, or a limitation. Something like this will do the trick:

solve({compToRect(<220,0)=....)

Here "<" is the little angle thingy used for polar form

An alternative is to use variables for the numbers, let it solve symbolically, and then plug in the complex values after the fact.

I sometimes work in Radians, and put in polar complex numbers in exponential form (i.e. r*e^(i*theta)).

Hope this helps.

Well, by now I've already find that out. I can't mix polar and rectangular forms, at least for multi equations system solving.

Return to General