Register

Casio fx-7400G+ Password Help..Reward!

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio fx-7400G PLUS, Casio fx-9750GII, Casio fx-9750GII (SH4)

Casio fx-7400G+ Password Help..Reward!

Postby avoiretre » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Does someone want to make themselves some money?

I will pay £50 (or whatever that is in your currency) to anyone who can give me instructions that anyone can follow (let's call them "idiot proof" instructions) to find the password for programs on the Casio fx-7400G+. I have programs on one that I need to transfer but the password has been lost.

I have the fx-interface cable, but the only computer I have that it will connect to is an old one on Windows XP.

There is a discussion on the internet about how to find the passwords, but it doesn't work as it stands.

Obviously I will only pay the first person who successfully helps me. When this has happened I will post here to say so as soon as possible.

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Re: Casio fx-7400G+ Password Help..Reward!

Postby Nemhardy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 pm

We aren't here to make ourself money, I'm pretty sure everyone that will be able to help you will do it for free here :D !

Do you know how to transfer programs to your computer ? From your nickname I may suppose you're french, if so, you should get a look to this tutorial witch describes how to transfer programs on your computer using the FA-124 software.
If you're not french, perheaps using the google translate functionnality could do the job, if not, feel free to ask here, I don't know if there are some good tutorial in English about Fa-124, but I may be able to help you if you have some trouble using it ;).

Once your programs are on your PC, oppening them with a text editor will make the password visible (in some case (depending on the model, I don't know exactly the fx7400) you'll need an hex-editor instead of a simple text editor), but they're pretty visible : that's one of the clearly readable text string you'll see ;).

Postby avoiretre » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:04 am

Many thanks for your reply and the effort you put into it! If people are happy to help me for free then I really appreciate that, but the offer is still open to anyone who needs some encouragement!

I'm English, but the site you linked to does translate. I have tried to do this before but the problem I encountered is that I couldn't send the programs to FA-124 as the calculator asks for the password before it will send them, which of course I don't have!

If anyone can help out with this I'd be eternally grateful!

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Postby Nemhardy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 am

Hoo... I didn't knew that point... The password request appears on the calculator I imagine ? Perhaps you may try using the Fa-123 software or the Casiocom one (even if it's a buggy one, it has an integrated password button/feature) to see if transferring with one of those still needs the password. I'm not an expert with older models, that are just tracks I give you ;).

Postby avoiretre » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:25 am

I've tried CasioCom and fa-123, no luck with either. Thanks a lot for your help. Maybe it's impossible to do?

Calculators: None

Postby TeamFX » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Go to the link menu and send a RAM backup. That should work.

Postby avoiretre » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:59 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I can't get FA-124 to work with this model (even though it works with the FX Interface on the same computer). Does anyone else have any ideas please?

Calculators: None

Postby TeamFX » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:03 pm

You have to use FA-123 along with an unofficial FXI (serial cable) patch.
Download: http://www.planet-casio.com/Uk/software ... d=2&file=1

No one has updated this patch for FA-124.

Return to General