Register

OS Problems with my 2 fx-7400gii

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio fx-7400GII (SH4), Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2

OS Problems with my 2 fx-7400gii

Postby krisi0903 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello everyone,
I own 2 Casio fx-7400gii-Calculators, and none of them works.
1st Calc:
I opened it and found out that there are 3 pins on the motherboard: Image. After I shorted 1 of them, it shows nothing but a blank screen with the word "OSUpdate" in the middle (NOT the normal bootcode os updater "OS Error-Please update OS"). After restarting it it didn't show the main menu, but again the OSUpdate screen. I found out that you can reach a semi-functional main menu by holding [OPTN][EXP][AC] (normally used to boot into diagnostics mode), but it only lasts as long as I press at least 1 key, if I dont press any keys, it shows the OSUpdate screen immediatly. Because some buttons dont work, i can not reset the calc via settings, but the other things work. Communication with PC works as it were a normal calc (I bought a communication cable which is normally used for arduinos and a 2.5 mm plug and connected GND to GND, TX (cable) to RX(plug) and RX(cable) to TX(plug). I tried to restore a previous Backup i made from the same calc with FXRemote, but when I created the backup it said Filesize of the written image NOT OK. When I try to restore the image, it stucks at "FXCheckImage C:\Users\Kristian\image.fls". I also tried to use some programs i found at TI-Planet (graph signers), but it didnt work. When I try to turn the calculator off in the main menu (because when turning off it writes changes to the flash memory I think), but when i turn it on again, it shows a frozen main menu screen (it doesnt react to anything).
2nd calc:
It always had a problem with batteries(sometimes it just turns off randomly). I also opened it and shorted one of the 3 pins, then it showed a screen like this (i dont have a picture because it doesnt work anymore) : =====TEST MODE====,
1:???
2:???
3:???
4:??? (there are question marks because i cant remember the menu items). With the 1st entry, I could view the flash memory of the calc, then I pressed a key accidentally and it said TEST flash erase, but at this point the calc turned off because of the battery problem. From now on, it shows OSUpdate just like the 1st one, I also tried everything (bootcode os updater (yes, it exists on both, biut with a very dark screen and I just cant restore my os backup), FXRemote, several key combinations (here it doesnt show the main memory at all), the pins at the back).

I would be glad if someone here could tell me how to repair one of them at least or send me a working fx-7400gii flash image.

This is my first post here, so please tell me if I did something wrong, and sorry for my english (I am german and it is not that good)

Calculators: Casio fx-7400GII (SH4), Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2

Re: OS Problems with my 2 fx-7400gii

Postby krisi0903 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:43 pm

By the way, the fx-9850 is completely broken (screen and motherboard), thats the reason why i would like to get at least one of my fx-7400gii to work again

Calculators: Casio Cfx Series, Casio fx-9860GII

Re: OS Problems with my 2 fx-7400gii

Postby Jsec42 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Have you attempted to flash a FX-9750gii or 9860gii image? It may be expecting one of those instead ;)

Return to General