Register

Eact Maker - Online eActivity Generator

Topics on released projects. Only the author of a program should start a topic on it.
Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Eact Maker - Online eActivity Generator

Postby helder7 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 pm

I had the idea of ​​creating an eActivity generator in late October but I had some problems with headers (size calculations, etc...).

After ziqumu lauching the first .g2e generator in December (in Planet-Casio) I asked him and started working on the project with him.

At this moment the first phase of the project is finished. It can generate .g1e, .g2e and .g3e files online and supports a wide range of special characters and mathematical functions.

Test it by yourself :D
Eact Maker Beta

An example of text in the editor and its result on fx9860.

ImageImage

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions or report bugs.

BTW: Thanks to SimonLothar by his documentation.
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Calculators: Casio Cfx Series, Casio fx-CG10

Re: Eact Maker - Online eActivity Generator

Postby nsg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm

I tried it to convert some utf8 text with lots of special characters and it looked surprisingly good on Prizm.
I noticed that some lines come through as folded, and some as one long line that requires scrolling.
I noticed that lines with √ (square root) character were not folded, but became scrollable. Is it a feature of a converter, or is it a way Prizm displays such lines?
If it is a fetature, i would like to be able to control it. I may want to make unfoldable lines without square roots and make some of the lines with square roots as foldable.

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Postby gbl08ma » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Do you mind if I send the link to the editor to every student in my class now, or do you prefer to have it go out of Beta first? :D

Do you plan to add support for Notes strips (and memos in lines)? I use these a lot.

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII

Postby Ziqumu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm

@nsg : No it's the e-act reader that choose if the line is folded or not. We have no control on it.
When the line contain some math characters or math functions (like fraction ) : the line cannot be folded.
But when the ligne is folded, you can put it in "calc mode" on your casio(Press F3 when you are on the line) , and the line would be a long line. We cannot put this "calc mode" on the editor because we need to calculate the height and the width in pixels of the contained equation in the line, and it's will take too much time if we do it.

@gbl08ma : No, you can send it if you want, I didn't find any bug actually. ;)
For Notes strips, I just look and it's possible to support it. (And it's maybe possible to put notes strips inside notes strips :D but i'm not sure)

Postby gbl08ma » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:14 pm

If the eActivity "multi-tasking" system, based on strips, works as I think it does, putting a notes strip inside a notes strip would be impossible: the OS would need to deal with four open "tasks" on its "multi-tasking" slots, that would be: two notes strips, one eAct process and the Menu process (which only gets into memory when the Menu key is pressed). It is made to only deal with three "tasks" at once: the Menu/strip-switcher when their keys are pressed, the main eAct "task" and the currently open strip "task" (in this case a Notes strip).

On another subject, which is not directly related to the eAct maker but is still related to eAct:
In order to write in a smaller font (being able to fit more characters on the screen), I sometimes use a trick which I'm not sure that it works on older calcs. It consists of using the ^ key and then writing on the exponent field, filling the main big one with a space. This lets me write in mini font, fitting about two times the characters I'd be able to fit in a single line (and with a much readable font, at least on the Prizm):

But because ^ triggers the Math line mode, now you need to do the line breaks manually (or else scroll left and right when viewing the activities)

Postby Ziqumu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Maybe, I will see. Actually I just put the a strip inside a note, but I didn't go inside because I need to configure it (giving the size, and anothers things, like a header of g*e).

Yes I know this trick, in olders calc it doesn't put in smaller font, but it's an usefull trick to write in subscript (you write all normal text inside a ^ and when you want subscript, you write not in the ^)
With Eact Maker you can use this trick in a better way : You don't need to put a space before. The "square" before superscript characters is a character too, and Eact Maker don't put this character because it's not really usefull. (but if in the calc you write something before and delete it, the square come back.)

If you write this on Eact Maker : "^{test}test"

Postby nsg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 pm

I cannot make lower indexes AKA subscripts (Prizm). Letters with subscripts all came through without them.
All subscripts in my case were single greek letters. (I will experiment with another forms later)

On a related note: how do I enter lower indexes on Prizm? I know it can do it, for exmaple logab has it, but i cannot find a way to enter it -- logab is not good for it.

Postby Ziqumu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:12 pm

I didn't have problem on the prizm emulator with subscripts letters. If I write this :
Code: Select all
_{abcdefgh}_s_S_V_v_Y\subm1;\subsn;
\log{a}{b}

I get this :

There is no real subscript function on calc, but we use the small font in CHAR on your prizm

PS : I'm not sure I understood all your questions(i'm french), tell me if I did not answered your question.

Postby gbl08ma » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Ziqumu wrote:If you write this on Eact Maker : "^{test}test"

Awesome. I suspect that may confuse the OS in some situations though. I'll test.

Now all we need is a WYSIWYG editor so we can see the result of the markup we write right in the web page :)

Postby nsg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 pm

I thought that there is special "subscript" formatting, just like "superscript".
Now you explained that you have to simulate it using subscript font entries, I better understand the results.

Here is what I tried and what i got:
X_1
X_a
X_{12} -- looks pretty bad with huge space between one and two, but, i guess there is nothing to do about it.
X_{1/2} -- same
X_{\alpha} -- possibly a bug: greek non-subscript alpha followed by subscript a l p h a
X_{α} -- non subscripted alpha
X_{π} -- non subscripted pi
X_α -- just X
X_π -- just X

Also, I am not sure how close you want to follow tex notation, but the \cdot is not recognized, as is \over.
\sqrt\frac{a}{b} -- does not render \sqrt the right way, just prints \sqrt followed by properly formatted fraction.
I will try \sqrt{\frac{a}{b}} later.

Next

Return to Released Projects