Register

Chemical equation balancer... from Classpad basic to the web

Topics on released projects. Only the author of a program should start a topic on it.
Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Chemical equation balancer... from Classpad basic to the web

Postby helder7 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:35 am

In September, I released the BCEB (basic chemical equation balancer) for fx-cp400.
Since the Classpad basic is a bit limited (no regex, no functions, is slow) I reached a point where becomes difficult to continue to improve the program, with version 0.3.

Recently I decided to continue with the development of the project, having as target the web. The current version is theoretically capable of solving any chemical equation and features the following characteristics:
-Support for molecules with charges/ions
-Support for free charges/ions
-Support for non-real elements (new!)
-Can balance equations with parenthesis, without being expanded manually (new!)
-Support for equations with crystals and multiple chains of crystals (new!)
-Added a way to calculate dynamically the number of moles and mass in reaction (new!)
-Colored output and subscript ions (new!)

The current version is available in:
Code: Select all
http://casiopeia.net/balance-tmp/

I have tested the current version with many equations without encountering any problem, however if you find any, feel free to report it. The regex is sometimes unpredictable and is impossible to test all the equations that exist.
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Chemical equation balancer... from Classpad basic to the

Postby helder7 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 am

I have been fixing some small bugs that have been found on web version. I think they have all been fixed.
Now the next challenge will be improve the error detection system...
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Return to Released Projects