Register

I need somebody with a good pointer finger :D

Discuss issues related to the fx-9860G Software Development Kit
Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII

I need somebody with a good pointer finger :D

Postby Xadiant » Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 am

Well... back a few years ago I got the fx-9860GII and was always wondering about that little "Programming" button that was on the menu. I tried opening it and could never make any headway so I lost interest quickly... I did find the Casio Kingdom and fell in love with calculator gaming, I will never be board in my sub-standard math classes again! Too bad after a month (I guess database issues) my IP was restricted from the website and I could only get to the site with proxies... and could not log in.

My interest fell in programming as I could find no guidance at all. But I have figured out and conquered Casio Basic in the last month!!! I need help with conquering the SDK though. I know the programming is in C.... but I have no experience in C... I do know lua, a few basics, and assembler at this point in time.... where should I go to learn C? Primarily for the SDK if possible.

Also: For basic games I am trying to make a top view 2D minecraft (Basically going to look like Pokemon)... how do you suggest I store map data? I don't thing matrices are up to this challenge as they are limited in size and I have the feeling they are kind of slow. This question needs to be answerable in basic because Ill be coding this strictly in the time my math teacher talks about her kid playing soccer...

Cheers!

Postby Eiyeron » Mon May 14, 2012 6:28 pm

A Mnecraft like Pokemon, like easy game! Oo" Good luck, this is not as easy that we could think! ;)
You could use strings, a character per value! ;)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Calculators: Casio fx-9860G

Postby aapman55 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 pm

You could try using the command text. if you take a spacing like text 1,1,"0" and the next one text 1,6,"0". It should be fine without overwriting eachother.
You can do this too in vertical direction. The you count the amount of blocks you can make with these combinations and put each block as a value in a matrix. representing the property of the block.
Using Stopict en REcpict is recommended as drawing the blocks every time you move your cursor is frustrating.

Postby aapman55 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:43 pm

I tried your program. but it already got stuck at the very beginning.
You use List A, Lists only go from 1 to 26. Thus it depends on your value A. Which has not been defined.
If your List A is empty and you have a code like List A[3]=/=10. It will crash because it is empty. To solve this issue you might want to include this list file in your package, when extracting you will then automatically have your list. pressing exit and menu leads to an argument error. No idea how to place a block and "You" isnt moving.

Try to fix these problems. Good luck

Postby Xadiant » Mon May 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Wow.. I guess the 9860GII is different then yours... Mine works with A every time. Ill update it to a number and see how that goes. Thanks!

(If you get to play the game you will notice it is almost all working... but the screen updates very slow from the matrix... would strings be any faster(I think its all my if functions converting it to symbols thats slow though...)?)

PS: I do have a function that makes the list and matrix if they do not exist.

Postby aapman55 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:27 am

hmm.. you are making me curious, can you make an screen shot of your lists menu?

Your loops may be the problem. In the getkey loop there is no refreshment of your cursor position.

You have a code

Code: Select all
If B=/= 0: Then B=1 =>...........

You can leave the if statement out, as it doenst really has a function. You can just write

Code: Select all
B=1=>.......
B=2=>.........
etc.

Postby Xadiant » Fri May 25, 2012 3:10 am

I fixed all these problems and many others on Minecraft 2D :D

I also added random terrain generation.. and the program is now only 1/3 its original size due to my growing of a few new brain cells!

http://www.casio-scene.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=288

Return to Casio fx-9860 SDK