Register

how to save a game

Discuss issues related to the fx-9860G Software Development Kit
Calculators: Casio fx-9860G

Postby aapman55 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm

i encountered a problem. I have both the save tester and my add in program with highscore on my calc. I have the problem that they both save in the same directory in the main memory. So in my case in <@save>. How can i set the right directory? my add in program with highscore does not show in the main memory with <@..>

Calculators: Casio fx-7400GII, Casio fx-7400GII (SH4), Casio fx-9750GII, Casio fx-9750GII (SH4), Casio fx-9860G, Casio fx-9860G SD, Casio fx-9860G Slim, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2, Casio Classpad 330 plus, Casio fx-CG20, Casio fx-CG50, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Postby SimonLothar » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:14 am

aapman55 wrote:i encountered a problem. I have both the save tester and my add in program with highscore on my calc. I have the problem that they both save in the same directory in the main memory. So in my case in <@save>. How can i set the right directory? my add in program with highscore does not show in the main memory with <@..>

The Bfile-main-memory function automatically derives the main-memory-directory-name from the addin's name.
SAVE.G1A uses @SAVE and f. i. NOTEVIEW.G1A uses @NOTEVIE (in case of an addin's namelength of 8, one char is omitted when building the main-memory-dirname). But the directory is not created in the main memory until you create the first file. Did you explicitly create the "SAVE"-file from out of your addin (I mean the other addin, not SAVE.G1A)? If you did, you should inspect the return values of the Bfile-functions. They return error-information in case of failure.
I'll be back!

Postby aapman55 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:17 am

i used the save tester as a template. i use the same sequence as there, might that be a problem? because everytime i run save.g1a the highscores are being wiped. and looking in the main memory results that there is no directory for my fbomb add in.

EDIT: hmm i deleted save.g1a and suddenly i do see @fusebom. I will try to put save up again to see what happens

Postby aapman55 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:56 am

ok found the problem causer. It was the function Reset_calc of revolution.h
Everytime it made the directory @fusebom after exiting the program the main memory is brought back to the initial state.

Previous

Return to Casio fx-9860 SDK