Register

Site back online

All suggestions and ideas are welcome!
Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Site back online

Postby helder7 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the recent site downtime. I have been without internet connection and I was not able to fix the problem earlier.

Hope everything is working again. If you find something that is not working properly, please report here. Thank you.
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Re: Site back online

Postby Nemhardy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:29 pm

Yeah ! That's a great news ! We've been quite worried for a couple day because of the number of interesting ressources here, but finally, all is well that ends well ! ^^
Everything seems to work pretty well for me.

Calculators: Casio fx-7400GII (SH4), Casio fx-9750GII (SH4), Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG50, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Postby critor » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Thank you very much helder7 :)

Calculators: Casio Afx 2.0, Casio fx-9860G SD, Casio fx-CG20

Postby totoyo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:42 am

Good news, thank you Helder7 :) !

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII, Casio fx-CG20

Postby -florian66- » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 pm

oh thanks Helder7 :D
A new people on this site !!

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Postby gbl08ma » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 am

Thank you very much. I thought I had forever lost a couple of very useful discussions with valuable information about the Prizm, mainly with Simon.

With Omnimaga relatively dead (and effectively dead in terms of Casio calculators), Cemetech having lost its focus on the Prizm (I'm one of the 4~5 developers who still check in), UCF inactive in terms of Prizm at least, and new communities like codewalr.us not caring about Casio calcs, I was afraid we'd lose all the active English-speaking Casio calculator communities, only leaving us with French- and Chinese-speaking ones which are not as understandable for many people. Most of the interesting breakthroughs in terms of new models (Prizm, fx-CP400...) now seem to come from TI-Planet; who would say a site with "TI" in its name would end up focusing so much on Casio calcs and doing experimentation with new models?
It's not that Casiopeia contributes much to the "activeness" of the community, but at least it's yet another little contribution. And as I said, some posts have value. And I know some people find the tutorials useful.

It would be great if blackouts like what happened did not happen again. If given permission, my friends and I at tny. internet media do not mind giving some of our resources for hosting archives of this website, or even the whole website entirely - it's not that it should consume much resources, anyway. We have a big commitment to uptime and might be in a position to maintain such uptime more easily than helder7 can, especially if he is suffering with internet connectivity issues (I have been there too). All I really don't want is to have yet another "intermittent" website on the Casio community - it would be good if we didn't have to keep thinking about saving a post to our computer every time we find an important / insightful / useful comment.

Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Postby helder7 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:26 am

I also hope that not happen more blackouts like what happened in future.
Thank you very much for the offer. I think for now is not necessary.
If there are problems with the server/datacenter in future that leave the site inoperable (for example with corrupted files), I'll just have to restore a backup. I created some time ago an automatic backup system that backup the site on a regular basis to a remote location, to "prevent" such situations.

Calculators: None

Postby TeamFX » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Sometimes, this website continues to be not reachable.

At the German Casio forum, we had a similar issue and figured out the Apache server did not allow more than 10 clients at the same time... this happened after upgrading the server and went unnoticed for a few months.

Postby helder7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:09 am

The current problem is that some people are using their servers to run abusive things that spend a lot of resources (either CPU or IO), and with that end up harming all users of the node. The good news is that they are being banned.

Return to Site Feedback, Questions and Suggestions