Register

new member here!

Introduce yourself. Discuss your current projects etc.
Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII

new member here!

Postby jcw99 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi everybody, my name is John and I've had my 9860 gii for about a year. I'm 70 years old, so I didn't have the opportunity of growing up with electronics. I would like to start learning this tool (as a hobby) from the bottom up. I read some reviews on Amazon that said Casios are more intuitive than HPs and Tis, but I can't do much with mine yet. I know that there is a great big online manual, but I would prefer to see some tutorials if you have any. My other hobbies are studying high school math and working on cars. I'm thankful I found you all.

Calculators: Casio Cfx Series, Casio fx-9860GII

Re: new member here!

Postby Jsec42 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello John.....wait that's my name too! :D Nice to meet u!

Anyhow, the reviews do not lie - Casio calculators in general are a lot more intuitive than any TI or HP(but if you have the luck to get a vintage Sharp, those are "technically" the best). Any calculations are done in the RUN/MAT app, and everything else can be found in its corresponding app. For now, I say stick to the RUN/MAT, GRAPH, and STAT menus. That should be sufficient to experiment with for now(Yes that's all you need to do to learn how a Casio works). You will find that Casio calculators are not only easy to use, but they are also jam packed with useful widgets. Happy calculating ;)

Return to Members Zone