Register

Casio will Release a new Classpad fx-CP400 with color screen

All news about Casiopeia, calculator games, development tools and community news will be posted here.
Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Casio will Release a new Classpad fx-CP400 with color screen

Postby helder7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 am

Do you still remember the patents found by me one month ago? Yes they were real :o ! A new classpad (fx-CP400) is near.

The fx-CP400, comes which a large touch-panel color liquid crystal display (LCD) for easy viewing and operability with the incredible resolution of 320×528. We really need a screen upgrade, the old classpad screen quality was not the best.

This calculator will competing with the Nspire CX CAS.

The new Classpad model will be available in various countries starting in early summer 2013 (i cant wait :P ).

Quote by Casio:
Tokyo, November 27, 2012 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced today that it will release a new model in its ClassPad series of graphing scientific calculators, the fx-CP400, which features a large touch-panel color liquid crystal display (LCD) for easy viewing and operability. The fx-CP400 will be available in various countries starting in early summer 2013.

Casio has contributed to math education around the world by developing advanced calculators that make it easier to learn. In 1985, Casio introduced the world's first graphing calculator, the fx-7000G, and in 2004 the company released the fx-82ES scientific calculator with textbook display that shows fractions and root functions as they appear in textbooks.

Launched in 2003 with the ClassPad 300, the ClassPad series features a Computer Algebra System (CAS) developed by Casio and pen touch operations using a stylus. Products in the series have earned a strong reputation as graphing scientific calculators among both students and instructors involved in math education.

The new fx-CP400 is the first in the ClassPad series to be equipped with a color display. With high resolution of 320 × 528 dots, its 4.8-inch large color LCD makes it easy to observe mathematical formulas, graphs, and images, while realizing more comfortable operability.

The large LCD vividly displays mathematical formulas and charts and is highly useful for understanding the relationships between equations and graphical data because it can display them both at the same time. Moreover, as an all-new feature, the fx-CP400 enables users to switch between an upright view and a horizontal view, which is useful for displaying long mathematical formulas, at the touch of a button. Users can intuitively operate the calculator using the stylus on the touch-panel LCD, and input data using the software keyboard.

Large touch-panel color LCD makes viewing and operating easy
Mathematical formulas, graphs and images are all vividly displayed on the 4.8-inch large color LCD in 320 × 528-dot high resolution. Users can check formulas and graphs at the same time on the display, making it easier to grasp their relationships. By enabling long formulas and charts to be displayed on the screen, the fx-CP400 is very useful for helping users better understand mathematics.

Users can draw graphic shapes on top of images to study such phenomena as parabolas produced by water fountains and the curvature of antennas. Combining mathematical functions with real-life phenomena in this way is bound to stimulate interest in studying mathematics.

Users can intuitively operate the fx-CP400 by using the stylus on the touch panel to graphically display mathematical formulas without complicated key operations simply by dragging and dropping the formulas into the graph area.

One-touch switching between upright and horizontal views

Users can switch the display between an upright view and a horizontal view simply by touching an icon on the panel. The horizontal view is convenient for displaying a long formula on a single line.

Wide range of functions useful for studying

Casio has redesigned the ClassPad series' software keyboard to make this new model easier to use, organizing functions to correspond to three levels of learning difficulty, beginning with basic functions used by everyone like fractions, square roots, and trigonometric functions, then advanced functions like differential calculus, complex compound numbers, and sigma calculations, and finally even more advanced calculations including piecewise and user-defined formulas. Furthermore, the fx-CP400 features a variety of functions designed to help students learn and instructors teach at school, including a USB mass storage function for quick and easy data transfer, and compatibility with Casio data projectors to enable the calculator's display to be projected on a screen.

Practical and stylish design

While featuring the same keyboard arrangement and operating style made popular by previous ClassPad calculators, the fx-CP400 is also fitted with keys that slope down from bottom to top, which helps prevent input errors when pressing vertically arranged keys. Stylistically, Casio has created an attractive calculator designed with a solid body and slightly oval shape that fits comfortably in the hand, and finished it in several shades of blue to evoke an intellectual look.

Specifications

The casio just published the announcement on its Asia Website some hours ago and I with a bit of luck found him.
Casio Usa, Europe, Casio Education still have nothing published. We were faster than them :twisted:

I did a comparative table with the characteristics already known of this calculator vs. other casio calcs and nspire cx cas:

This new model features plenty of improvements compared with the old ClassPad. Possibly it will be more powerful than the prizm ;) , but i still do not know the speed of the cpu.

And future Sdk's, development, etc?
Possibly this calculator will have a BASIC interpreter, with backwards compatibility from older black and white classpads (like prizm /fx9860).
About SDK, there is no information. Maybe we can get more info, when they release the calculator manuals (for we check for add-in support) .

So, what do you think of this new classpad?

I'll try to get more information soon :D

Source - Casio Asia
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Calculators: Casio fx-CG10

Re: Casio will Release a new Classpad fx-CP40 with color scr

Postby ruler501 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 am

This is great. I may actually get this. I was looking for a good CAS calculator but the only one with color was the CX and I didn't want the locked down platform. Thanks for finding this
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCM/CS/M/S d- s++: a---- C++ UL++ P+ L++ E---- W++ N o? K- w-- o? !M V?
PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP++ t 5? X R tv-- b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e- h! !r y

------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Projects:
pSDL: Temporarily abandoned

Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Casio will Release a new Classpad fx-CP400 with color sc

Postby helder7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Update 1:

A Polish calculator site affiliated with Casio published today some images with higher resolution.

Picture plot function (like prizm) :D ?

Via kalkulatory.pl

Calculators: Casio Afx 2.0, Casio fx-9860G SD, Casio fx-CG20

Postby totoyo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Nice new ClassPad :)

I hope Casio publishes quickly a SDK...

Calculators: None

Postby cfxm » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:42 pm

I hope Casio publishes quickly a SDK...

I won't bet on this.
They did not release a compatible SDK for the Prizm and the ClassPad 330 Plus to this day.

And I think, there is a simple reason for this:
C/C++ programming would make it possible to load any image data you want. It is impossible to restrict this.
On the poor quality LCDs this had never been an issue and on the CP 330+ they seem to have made some software/hardware changes and didn't bother to make the SDK compatible - especially as the fx-CP400 would be coming very soon.

Anyway, I'm a hacker - I don't need an _official_ SDK. 8-)

Postby helder7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm

cfxm wrote:I won't bet on this.
They did not release a compatible SDK for the Prizm and the ClassPad 330 Plus to this day.

And I think, there is a simple reason for this:
C/C++ programming would make it possible to load any image data you want. It is impossible to restrict this.

I think they are more concerned with the fact that the Chineses can create clones. But chineses do not need a sdk to clone a calc. The sdk does not help them :P

Currently there are some scientific casio calculator clones:

Left: Original fx-82ms, Right: Clone

Quote from Planet-Casio, by Keity Mardinli (translated):
Our primary concern is to provide quality products and counterfeiting undermines our brand as calculators copied are often of lower quality and / or missing features. They play on the confusion, as a design very similar to ours, and we want to fight against it, and especially to protect the consumer.

Casio calculators in china have a sticker (to prove authenticity). makes sense.

But like you said they must also have a certain fear of someone use sdk to view images in fx-cg10.

For now they just announced a model (fx-CP400), that seem to have something similar to Picture Plot. And there is nothing published on the U.S.A. site.
Let's wait and see :ugeek:

Calculators: Casio Afx 2.0, Casio fx-9860G SD, Casio fx-CG20

Postby totoyo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 pm

@Cfxm : i have spoken with a responsible by Casio France. Indeed, imitation (in french : contrefaçon) their poses more problems than we, programmers. See the previous message by helder7, and is right, chineses don't need sdk to clones a Casio calculator's.

Postby helder7 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Interesting, Classpad fx-CP400 will be available in Australia in 2014.

In this country, the casio prizm is not officially sold, although there are some sellers on ebay AU selling.

Below some "promotional" images:

Source: www.casio.edu.shriro.com.au

Calculators: Casio fx-CG10

Postby ruler501 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 am

I hope that doesn't mean that they won't release it till 2014.
If I still have a need for a calculator and can use a cas this will probably be the one i get for next year.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCM/CS/M/S d- s++: a---- C++ UL++ P+ L++ E---- W++ N o? K- w-- o? !M V?
PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP++ t 5? X R tv-- b+++ DI+ D+ G++ e- h! !r y

------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Projects:
pSDL: Temporarily abandoned

Calculators: Casio fx-9750GII, Casio fx-CG10

Postby flyingfisch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:43 am

Just made this, I think it's got all the specs we know abut so far.

Next

Return to News & Announcements