Register

Reading storage memory of the emulator

Discuss issues related to the fx-9860G Software Development Kit
Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2

Reading storage memory of the emulator

Postby qferqo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm

For my game, I need to be able to save the progress. I've chosen to store the progress in the storage memory(\\fls0\\progress.bin), because: 1. storage memory is faster than the SD card storage, 2. not every calculator has an SD card inserted (or just no SD card slot at all).

I want to be able to modify the file on my computer. That's easy for files on the SD card, as they are stored in [project_dir]/SDCard/. Unfortunately, there's no folder like 'StorageMemory' in the project directory for files stored in the storage memory.

I've already ran a process monitor to see what files are accessed while the game saves and reads its progress, but this yielded no useful information.

Does anyone know how to read the storage memory of the emulator on windows? Of course, I could save the progress file on the SD card for testing purposes, but I prefer writing it to the storage memory.

Thanks in advance.

Calculators: Casio fx-7400GII, Casio fx-7400GII (SH4), Casio fx-9750GII, Casio fx-9750GII (SH4), Casio fx-9860G, Casio fx-9860G SD, Casio fx-9860G Slim, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2, Casio Classpad 330 plus, Casio fx-CG20, Casio fx-CG50, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Re: Reading storage memory of the emulator

Postby SimonLothar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 am

Once you access the storage memory out of the emulator, a file CasioUserROM.mem in the project directory INIT is created. Unfortunately parts of the contents seem to be packed or encrypted. It looks as if the contents cannot be easily read or written.
I'll be back!

Calculators: Casio Cfx Series, Casio fx-9860G, Casio fx-9860GII, Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2, Casio fx-CG10, Casio fx-CG20, Casio fx-CG50

Postby sentaro21 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 am

Hi
There was the same problem by development of C.Basic.
I don't have any other choice so I use Memory Manager of the emulator now.

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII SD Power Graphic 2

Postby qferqo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 pm

I already figured out how to make a ROM dump. In my case, it wasn't automatically generated, but I was able to extract the (encrypted/packed) memory by clicking on 'Project->Save memory' in the menu. I made a program which stores some random data in a file and after running it, I made a memory dump. I repeated this, but now with other data and used vbindiff to show the differences between the files. There was a change at 0xF690 (among some other changes), which matched the length of my data, so that was a bit suspicious. I haven't investigated it any further and I'll use the SD card memory for testing for now. If I'll find some useful info, I'll post it here. Thanks anyway!

Return to Casio fx-9860 SDK