Register

Casio fx-9750GII doesn't work, only backlight turns on

Discuss anything related to calculators. For specific help on certain games/programs check the Released Projects subforum.
Calculators: Casio fx-9750GII

Casio fx-9750GII doesn't work, only backlight turns on

Postby ifhy10 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:35 am

Hello to all! :D

I have a Casio fx-9750GII that I used years ago in school that was stored for some time and today I was trying to turn it on when it showed that the battery status was low. I switched the batteries and turned it on again, but it seemed like the calculator was acting a little bit strange (not responding well to the buttons) so I resetted it using the back button. After that, and since I was borrowing it to a friend of mine, I decided to do a full reset in order to delete all the old programs that I had in school (to "help" me in the exams lol) which worked well and the calculator seemed to be working with the exception that the SHIFT button was sometimes not working.

I turned off the calculator and took the batteries out. When I gave it to my friend, he put a new set of batteries in, and that is when the calculator didn't turned on at all. Only the backlight turned on but I couldn't turn it off or do anything else. The back button to reset it didn't work either.

Is there anything else I can do? Is the calculator dead for good? :(

Return to General