Register

fxKeyboard - fx-9860 computer keyboard via USB

Topics on released projects. Only the author of a program should start a topic on it.
Calculators: Casio fx-9750GII (SH4)

fxKeyboard - fx-9860 computer keyboard via USB

Postby Myth » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:19 am

Warning: This tool may damage your calculator or computer. Always follow the doc and I will not be responsible for any damage.

Github Link here

:D
Usage
  • Use FA-124 software to copy the Add-in to your calculator.
  • Use the LINK app in calcutor menu to connect the calculator to your computer.
  • READ NOTICE BEFORE THIS STEP! Download Zadig from here. Open Zadig, click Options - List All Device, select CESG502, and replace the original driver with WinUSB.
  • Open the Add-in in your calculator. It will automatically connect to your computer. If you didn't plug the USB cable, it will exit after a short time.
  • Open the fxKeyboardLink software in your computer. Now you can use your calculator as a keyboard for your computer.

Some special keyboard mapping:
OPTN -> Switch between arrow mode and cursor mode
Arrow keys -> Arrow keys in arrow mode and cursor controller in cursor mode
θ -> Text: theta
EXIT -> ESC
QUIT -> ESC
∠ -> <
sin-1 -> Text: arcsin
ab/c -> /
CAPTURE -> PrintScreen
CLIP -> Ctrl + C
PASTE -> Ctrl + V
DEL -> Backspace
INS -> Insert
÷ -> /
π -> pi
EXE -> Enter in arrow mode and click in cursor mode
EXE with SHIFT -> Enter with Shift pressed. This is convenient for using Mathmetica

Notice
  • This tool will automatically open the NumLock in your computer.
  • Once your use Zadig to replace the original driver, you can't use FA-124 to link your calculater. If you want to get back to the original driver, follow Zadig's FAQ here carefully. You need to know that the USB device is CESG502.
  • If you can't connect your calculator to your computer in any way, try to restart your calculator by the button behind.

Known Issue
  • Press the calculator key down continously will not work like that in your computer. The reason is that I only used GetKey function in this Add-in.
  • In cursor mode, the cursor moved slowly in a constant speed.
  • I would be glad if someone can fix the issues above.

Thanks
Thanks Simon Lothar for his great work in syscall.

I haven't been able to find a place to upload the file yet. :? You can download file from Github release.
Last edited by Myth on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calculators: Casio fx-CG10, Casio fx-CG50

Re: fxKeyboard - fx-9860 computer keyboard via USB

Postby ProgrammerNerd » Sat May 01, 2021 1:01 am

Wow! Being able to do anything with the USB port is an accomplishment. Being able to actually make it as a keyboard is even more impressive.

Return to Released Projects