Register

Casio FX-9860GIII: supported by the SDK?

Discuss issues related to the fx-9860G Software Development Kit
Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII SD

Casio FX-9860GIII: supported by the SDK?

Postby DiTBho » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:53 am

hi guys
I am a bit confused, I don't know actually know about the software and hardware differences between Casio Casio "FX-9860GII" and "FX-9860GIII", but I'm tempted to purchase a 9860GIII and I'd like to hear if it's already supported by the CASIO SDK.

I'd like to write my own applications in C, and download them to the calculator.

Please let me know

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII SD

Re: Casio FX-9860GIII: supported by the SDK?

Postby DiTBho » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:54 pm

does FX-9860GIII have the same CPU used in FX-9860GII/SD?

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Re: Casio FX-9860GIII: supported by the SDK?

Postby AmazoNKA » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:10 pm

First of all I would like to know what attracts you to 9860-GIII? I saw Khicas addin can run on it but is too big (file size wise) for GII models. So i was interested in getting GIII model for this reason but decided against it at the end. Mainly because i already have a couple of fx-cg20s and one (at the moment) fx-cg50 - they can be found at similar or cheaper price than the newer 9860giii but they have larger screen and memory so I’m happy with them and coding for them in C.

But perhaps you prefer giii model for overall form factor... I never held one physically.

Coding wise giii will be very similar to previous models (so in C you can get cheaper older model, unless you also want Python coding) but I’m not experienced with them as I only used fx-cg20 and 50 for add-ins creation on my side...

To answer your question about SDK - there is i think much smaller community or at least much older sources of C coded add-ins for all 9860 models (and if I understand correctly there were two models of cpu they had to cater for) and on fx-cg10/20/50 I personally find the coding community is broader (but still relatively niche) but Simon here is a pro for both models with his mini sdk for both, however I don’t know many people using it besides him...

Return to Casio fx-9860 SDK