Register

setjmp.h for the Prizm?

Discuss issues related to the Casio Prizm 3rd party development
Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Re: setjmp.h for the Prizm?

Postby gbl08ma » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 pm

Do you know where I can get optlnk.exe? It seems to come with the Hitachi compiler, I searched my archives and looks like I don't have it.

Calculators: Casio Afx 1.0, Casio fx-9860GII SD, Casio Classpad 330, Casio fx-CG20, Casio Classpad fx-CP400

Postby helder7 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 am

is in fx9860g sdk folder: <sdk main folder>\OS\SH\BIN
SiO2 + CaCO3 ----------> CaSiO3 + CO2

Postby gbl08ma » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks, I looked in there but forgot to check the SH folder, only looked to the FX folder... :roll:

I'll try to run it with Wine, otherwise I'll need to boot a Windows machine... *sigh*.

Postby gbl08ma » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:42 am

Well, now I know how to take the object files out of the HLIB library files. I already took out the ones I need. Now I'd like to build a GCC library with them. But now, GCC recognizes the library I build, but doesn't recognize the object files inside it. In fact, if I run sh3eb-elf-nm it tells me the file format for the object files I extracted is not recognized.

(my reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2765 ... to-add-one
the problem is, we can't recompile like the guy did...)

So basically, I'd like to know how to turn .obj files into proper .o ones for use with GCC.

Postby gbl08ma » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 am

I ended up solving my library problems. I took some ideas and information out of http://www.kpitgnutools.com/Interoperab ... _GNUSH.pdf
namely the existence of a tool called convrenesaslib.
Then I went here http://jsdkk.net/download/jde/jde5x/JDE ... h-elf/bin/ to download that tool (a build for Windows, but that ran fine with Wine). I figured out ar was also needed so I downloaded it too. Then I ran the fxCG_library.lib, from Simon's zip, past the convrenesaslibtool. It gave me a .rlib file which already was in a format readable by GCC (it converted not only the lib container but the object files too, which was what I needed). I only needed to rename it to something recognizable by the Makefile and put it in the libs dir.

Now I no longer get errors for math functions or for setjmp. Unfortunately this also means my program uses proprietary code from Renesas/Casio for these functions (not sure how well it bounds with the licensing of the engine I'm porting, but I think it's OK), but that's something I may take care of later.

Right now I only get errors for two functions called "jn" and "yn". These are some math functions but they don't appear to be from stdlib. I'll have to solve that in some way and then I can get to the GUI part of my project :)

Previous

Return to Casio Prizm SDK