Register

Text editing in multiple lines

Discuss issues related to the Casio Prizm 3rd party development
Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Text editing in multiple lines

Postby gbl08ma » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm trying to let the user edit text in multiple lines, like on the program editor (slow) or on eActivity (faster). Multi-line input with PrintMini (as seen on the memo editor of eActivity, when you press the "detail" (F3) function) would be even better:
I'm sure there's a syscall (or set of syscalls) that makes it much easier, but I haven't found it yet. The alternative would be to implement a custom system using PrintMini and a custom cursor system, but it would never work as well as the OS solution, and it would mean using flash space with duplicate code (plus the added work of coding the whole input system).

Any ideas?

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Re: Text editing in multiple lines

Postby gbl08ma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:34 pm

*bump*... I know DisplayMBString2 is not suitable for this task, because I know the meaning of most parameters, and of those that I don't know, they don't seem to specify the height, in lines, of the text. I do not know of any Display* syscalls besides DisplayMBString and DisplayMBString2.
For the cursor and insertion control strings, I only know of EditMBStringChar to insert characters. I know of four versions of EditMBStringCtrl, with 0x120C being the one that takes most parameters (but I haven't investigated what they do). But first, I believe it's more important to discover the syscall used for displaying, and only then the syscalls used for editing.

Return to Casio Prizm SDK