Register

Porting from TI-89 to PRIZM

Discuss issues related to the Casio Prizm 3rd party development
Calculators: Casio fx-CG10

Porting from TI-89 to PRIZM

Postby klamike » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to port a program that originally ran on a TI-89 to a PRIZM? I'd like to have this (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/160/16098.html) program on my calculator (fx cg-10).

Thanks! :D

Calculators: Casio fx-CG10

Re: Porting from TI-89 to PRIZM

Postby klamike » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Kyle Littlefield includes the code in C. So If I understand correctly, that should be easy to convert (recompile with casio's tools?). However, there is another part that I do not know how to convert- the strings (.89z).

Help is appreciated :)

Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Re: Porting from TI-89 to PRIZM

Postby AmazoNKA » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Instead of reprogramming this particular tool (which may be involved to adapt this to Casio) and then having to recompile etc I believe you could just take the txt file called vocabtogether.txt or its content from the source folder and upload this to your calculator in quite a few ways: I don't know all of them well but txt files can be copied into programs or as a minimum converted into eact files by eactmaker if you google it or use the link on the left menu here you can search txt file viewers which definitely exist as separate add-ins or use gbl08ma utilities add in to view and possibly search the txt file. The closest thing to dictionary I know is his catalogue functionality in eigenmath add-in so someone could code similar thing to read txt files as the one in your link. I hope one of this options will work for you.

Return to Casio Prizm SDK