Register

Random notes about the Casio Prizm OS

Discuss issues related to Calculator Hacking/Modding.
Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Random notes about the Casio Prizm OS

Postby gbl08ma » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:26 pm

I had a note on my computer with a few things I found about the OS when I was playing around with random syscalls and INSIGHT on the emulator, and I thought it was a waste to have it sitting here when perhaps other people may find some of its contents curious or even useful. So I posted that note here: https://gist.github.com/gbl08ma/5823653

One of the things that makes me wonder the most is the memory from 0xFD800000 to 0xFD803FF8. Add-ins can write in this area, and much of the changes stay even after the emulator reboots (other areas are overwritten by the OS and can cause the "main memories cleared" message to appear at reboot). This area contains some interesting things such as the bytes that control the link cable type (as Simon had found out already) and the Function key color. It also has some interesting strings such as "Fugue FAT filesystem", "LY755" and "CASIOWIN". These can also be found on the memory regions corresponding to the flash, but I wonder why these end up in that memory region. If anyone has any idea what this region may be, please say something...

Return to Calculator Hacking/Modding Discussions