Register

Eigenmath for the Prizm

Topics on released projects. Only the author of a program should start a topic on it.
Calculators: Casio fx-CG20

Re: Eigenmath for the Prizm

Postby gbl08ma » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am

From Beta 2 to 3 (I forgot to post about 3 here), the following things have changed:
- Much, much faster console output
- Ability to stop input execution by holding AC/on, like on the Casio system.
- The "clear" command not only clears the variables but also the console output.

And now Beta 4 is out! Changelog:
- Input history (20 entries maximum, use the up and down keys);
- Input with movable cursor (use the left and right keys);
- Ability to run arbitrary scripts, select with a file browser (press F2 on the main screen);
- The startup script (and other scripts) no longer needs to have Windows line endings;
- The hourglass on the top right now spins (let's hope this doesn't cause instability);
- The factoring bug is fixed! factor(x^2+1) now correctly returns x^2+1 (since that can't be further factored).

Download the new version at the same address: http://tny.im/prEigenDL

Calculators: Casio fx-9860GII

Postby scientifix » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:28 pm

WHAOU !!!
Great job ! it's realy impressive !
I have a question, could you try to port this version of your add in to the fx9860gII ? your program seems to be much more powerful than the one from diameter and it seems to work perfectly !!!
If you can't could you publish the source code of your add in so that someone could port it to the fx9860gII ?
It would be great !!!
Thanks a lot !
scientifix

PS: what you've done is realy amazing !

Postby gbl08ma » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks!
I don't develop for the fx9860G, and it lacks the heap needed to do any meaningful calculations before going out of memory.
The source code will be published on GitHub at a later stage, most likely before version 1.0.

Beta 5 is out!
New features:
- Floats are displayed with a higher number of significant digits now (10, like on the remaining parts of the OS).
- Fixed loss of precision on float input (and that's why there's now a giant copyright text in the version/about screen... if you have been reading the IRC conversations, you'll know the details).
- About screen now accessible with Shift+Menu, to free F6 for use (read on)
- Users can now assign the execution of custom functions to unused keys, for example through the startup script (or any other script, or even just by running commands directly).
These unused keys include F3, F4 and F6, as well as any keys the text input routine doesn't know how to handle. You can also set custom labels for the mentioned function keys. Here's a new startup script that illustrates the use of the feature, by assigning the "clear" command to the F3 key, and other functions to some other keys:
Code: Select all
logab(a,b)=log(b)/log(a)
log10(x)=log(x)/log(10)
ln(x)=log(x)
cis(x)=cos(x)+i*sin(x)
cot(x)=1/tan(x)
coth(x)=cosh(x)/sinh(x)
arccot(x)=arctan(1/x)
arccoth(x)=arctanh(1/x)
sec(x)=1/cos(x)
sech(x)=1/cosh(x)
arcsec(x)=arccos(1/x)
arcsech(x)=arccosh(1/x)
csc(x)=1/sin(x)
csch(x)=1/sinh(x)
arccsc(x)=arcsin(1/x)
arccsch(x)=arcsinh(1/x)
npr(n,r)=(n!)/(n-r)!
ncr(n,r)=n!/(r!(n-r)!)
xor(x,y)=or(and(x,not(y)),and(not(x),y))
prizmUIhandleKeys=1
prizmUIkeyHandler(k,s)=(test(
  k=30011,clear,
  k=149,log10(last),
  k=181,10^last,
  k=155,last^(-1),
--print(k,s)))
nil))
prizmUIfkey3label=329

prizmUIhandleKeys - this symbol is checked to see if custom key handling should be enabled.
prizmUIkeyHandler(k,s) - this function is executed if custom key handling is enabled, every time a unknown key is pressed. k gets the number of the key as returned by the GetKey syscall and s gets the key modifier status (shift, alpha, alpha-lock, etc.). Values in decimal.
prizmUIfkey3label, prizmUIfkey4label and prizmUIfkey6label - labels for the user-defined function keys. Values in decimal. You can get the values in hexadecimal, for all the available labels, with INSIGHT. Here are a few of them (in hex too): http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php/FKey_Bitmaps
You can get the value for a certain key by modifying the startup script so that line 26 is not commented (remove the --) and line 27 is commented (add -- at the beginning). The value for the key, along with the current modifier value, will then be printed when you press an unknown key.

Download at the same address: http://tny.im/prEigenDL

Postby scientifix » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Hey,
Beta 5 version looks great !!
Do you think that your version of eigenmath could be ported by someone to the fx9860gII ? What is the size of your add in ?
Thanks a lot and great job again !
scientifix

Postby gbl08ma » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:45 pm

The add-in is currently over 325 KiB, which means that it would take a big part of the storage memory of a fx9860G - but this isn't much different from the port by diameter. I believe Eigenmath can be ported to the fx9860G as long as these conditions are met:
- GCC is used in place of the Hitachi compiler/Casio SDK (which doesn't seem to have support for big numbers/has some other kind of incompatibility);
- The memory leak bugs in Eigenmath are patched (George Weigt sent me files through email specifically for this purpose; it's in fact just a matter of adding a couple of lines to free memory where he forgot).

Then the other features that my port has and that diameter's doesn't, they will need to be added - catalog, natural display, advanced text input, script running, custom UI functions, key completion, etc. Anyway, because the fx9860G has half the amount of heap than the Prizm, it will do even less before exhausting the RAM, and it would be really limited.

Postby scientifix » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Hey,
Thanks for your reply !
Do you think it is technicaly difficult to port your eigenmath addin to the fx9860gII ?
thanks a lot
scientifix

Postby gbl08ma » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Once the conditions I said are met (and that's the hard part), it shouldn't be much harder than it was porting it to the Prizm.

Postby scientifix » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:51 am

Do you know someone who could be able to port your eigenmath add in to the fx9860gII ?
How long do you think it will take ??
Are all the CAS functions (diff, integr, factor ...) going to work correctly ?
Thanks a lot
scientifix

Postby gbl08ma » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:53 am

I don't know of anyone, and I don't know the answer to any of your other questions. And as I said, I have no interest in porting it myself.

Postby gbl08ma » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:46 pm

The source code for this port is now available at:
https://github.com/gbl08ma/eigenmath

PreviousNext

Return to Released Projects